Subject: Re: Off Topic? PDP 11 1134/1145's
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: joseph p bennardo <fordluvr@juno.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/02/2002 20:07:05
All,

   Here's my view on all this. They want the stuff destroyed. If I do get
away with pulling boards or whole CPUs with the backplanes they won't be
just given away. I won't stick my neck out for free. I hope nobody
expects me to do so. I realize some of you guys believe that they should
be donated to the better good, but I'm a realist and a capitalist. These
things are become more and more rare so my donated items will eventually
be sold for money when they are of a serious value. Anybody who buys
should consider it an investment.
   All of these things are still running and functional, they just aren't
doing much anymore. Fully loaded and functional. I'm not looking to sell
them on Ebay. Just a fair price for good quality items. That being said
if I could get a whole PDP 11/45 I'd donate it to a museum first before I
sold the thing. At least there I know it wouldn't be sold for profit in
the future.

Joe Bennardo

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.