Subject: Re: Is a VXT2000 useful with NetBSD?
From: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/26/2002 12:25:41
Michael Kukat wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Chris Wareham wrote:
>>I have finally acquired a monitor that works with my VS3100,
>>and also picked up what I thought was a 4000VLC. It turns out
>>that the VLC is in fact a VXT2000, which I understand is an
>>X terminal. Is there any way I can use this with my MV3100 or
>>VS3100 running NetBSD?
>
> If you have the booting stuff for the VXT (should be freely available from
> compaq, maybe in VMS backup format), you can use it as a fine X-terminal for
> every Un*x platform. I used it for Solaris and NetBSD without any problems yet.

It doesn't appear to work with my new DEC monitor, so I think I'll try
to swap it for the VS, or hang on until the guy I got it from has a VLC.
I tried several monochrome DEC monitors before deciding on the colour
one, but they all looked like they were running at the wrong frequency.
Do DECstation monitors exhibit this behaviour when connected to Vaxen?

Meanwhile, does anyone know where in the NetBSD source tree will I find
the unfinished monochrome X server?

Chris

--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)