Subject: Is a VXT2000 useful with NetBSD?
From: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/26/2002 10:28:47
I have finally acquired a monitor that works with my VS3100,
and also picked up what I thought was a 4000VLC. It turns out
that the VLC is in fact a VXT2000, which I understand is an
X terminal. Is there any way I can use this with my MV3100 or
VS3100 running NetBSD? I assume it's pretty much useless
unless I'm running a DEC operating system, in which case I'll
try and swap it for the VS3100 m38 (with colour framebuffer)
that was also on offer.

And I should add that the guy I got the monitor and X
terminal from has access to a massive amount of surplus Vax
equipment along with a mountain of DEC documentation. His
employers allow him to take any decommisioned Vax hardware,
and he is currently putting together a list of it. He intends
to keep one copy of everything he has, but will be happy to
part with the remainder. If anyone here is interested, then
I can forward a copy of his list when it is ready. He is
based in the Midlands, UK, and open to any reasonable offer
on the surplus kit.

Chris

--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)