Subject: Re: MSCP Initialization
To: chd <chd@nktelco.net>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/21/2002 19:40:32

> I have looked over the initialization code from NetBSD, Ultrix-32,
> 4.4BSD, Ultrix-11, and 2.11BSD. The values being sent, are all very
> similar. One difference is that the VAXen OS use polling during the
> init, and the pdp-11 code uses interupts.
>
> Any suggestions or comments about the MSCP 4 step init and how it works
> on the KFQSA.

I have some vague memory that some of the controllers I tested when I
wrote the NetBSD code didn't interrupt, or maybe it was interrupt before
the status bits was set, so I avoided to use interrupts.

It should be trivial to break out the init code from the interrupt
routine and to use it in raattach() instead, try that and if it works
ask sms to do so instead. It's unlikely to break anything.

-- Ragge