Subject: Re: VAX 6460 being slow, IO bottlenecks and SMP woes ...
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@liveround.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/21/2002 11:45:09
Alright, guys, I didn't subscribe to this list to listen to a "My arch is better
than your arch" argument, or even a "Give the arch a chance" speech. Wonderous
Diversity, people - there are different archs because people like having
different archs. I have 7 PCs in my house, including a Compaq Portable III that
still works great; 9 Vaxen; and 2 Macs. I don't want to give up any of my archs
- each has its strengths.

If you really must complain that arch A is better than arch B, please do so
privately, or make your own list (netbsd-archfight ?). This list is primarily
for the discussion of NetBSD on the VAX, with side-discussions to help VAX
enthusiasts out of thier troubles.

"Can't we all just get along?"

--
 - J. Buck Caldwell