Subject: BTW, the VAX-7000 doesn't run any UNIX, Isildur
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/03/2002 13:12:51
I just looked at your 7000 auction. It's a nice machine, I hope
everyone on this list is nice and doesn't outbit their friends
(the only reason why I submit bids early is to allow others here
the same kind of nicity :-).

But, since I know you are not a VMS guy, Isildur, be aware that
the 7000 doesn't run any UNIX: no ULTRIX, no NetBSD and I think
no OSF/1 or Digital UNIX, etc. And getting it there isn't easy
because it's XMI (well that's perhaps the easy part) but more it's
hybrid nature with the Alpha.

so, good luck.
-Gunther

"Star Wars: may the force  be with you!"
"BSD:       may the source be with you!"
"VMS:       may the frust  be with you!"

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistant Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine