Subject: Re: VAX7000 3-phase
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@argonath.vaxpower.org>
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/02/2002 22:11:44
Lord Isildur wrote:

> hey, does anybody know if one can make modifications to a vax 7000
> similar to the conversion on a 6000 to run on single phase power?
> theres a 7720 on ebay right now...
>
> happy hacking,
> isildur

Isildur, I don't *know* it but I very much expect it to be possible.
The only reason why it would be impossible seems to me the presence
of 3-phase blower-motors, but they didn't even use those in the
11/780. Go ahead, I'm delighted you are looking out for larger
VAXen again :-)

-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistant Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine