Subject: Re: ethernet magic
To: Gabor HALASZ <halasz.g@nns.hu>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/22/2001 14:27:03
 > What's this?

That is a broken DEQNA/DELQA cabinet kit. There may be a loose wire in the
connector harness or a bent pin or something. When not connected to the
network the _only_ message you will get in a system that is working
correctly is "no carrier".

An alternative is that you've used a vampire tap and have screwed up the
tx/rx pairs somehow such that the transmit data is feeding back into the
receive side. Very unlikely however.

Final possibility you aren't using a MAU cable, instead you've used a
generic 15 pin PC joystick type cable and that just won't work.

--Chuck