Subject: RE: LPS20 (a bit off topic)
To: 'Norbert Koch' <NKoch@gmx.de>
From: Braamse, Joop <Joop.Braamse@compaq.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/31/2001 11:16:11
Hi Norbert,

DEC LPS20, LPS32 and LPS17 printers were sold with the software and the license included.
There is no diference in software between those LPS printers.
The software you are looking for is called Printserver Software.
Compaq stopped supporting it april 2001.
It exists in several flavours; for Unix, VMS, WNT etc.
It contains software to set up a boot host, to manage the printer,
and the operating system for the printer itself.
That operating system is called VAXELN.
I wonder if it's on layered prudocts CD's.
The printserver controller is a mVax (3100?) and it boots the same way all microvaxes do.

I can give you two web addresses:

http://www.compaq.com/products/printers/

http://www.montagar.com/hobbyist/

Good luck,