Subject: Re: X Windows on a 4000/vlc
To: David Moor <dmoor@technology.serco.com>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/29/2001 17:02:58
Hi !

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, David Moor wrote:
> I realise the frame buffer isn't supported on the VLC, has anyone tried
> compiling the VNC package to run on a vax?
>
> As I understand it VNC has a built in X-Server and will run without any
> display hardware, anyone got any thought?

I tried to compile it recently. But it seems like it wants to compile the
whole XFree stuff again, when compiling vncserver.

But you can use your VAX with NetBSD very well with an usual X-Terminal or with
another machine using XFree and the -query or -broadcast options to your
X-server.

This wax, X works quite stable. For style reasons it might be best to look out
for a VXT2000 :)

...Michael

--
visit http://www.bsdfans.org/   Home network powered by: NetBSD OpenBSD FreeBSD
Solaris HP-UX IRIX AIX MUNIX Tru64 Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS