Subject: Re: Same old questions...
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/10/2001 10:36:06

> > Do any of you see that sort of behaviour too? Makes me wonder if the problem
> > really is in the DELQA at all or if it's just a driver problem?
>
> Huh? What made you think it was the DELQA? This is definitely a driver
> problem.

Not only. There are a bunch of firmware bugs that causes the xmit logic
to stop sometimes. Depending on which revision of cards you have you may
never get it, the machines I have get it something like one per day.

The cause of this is the same as the old driver "ring buffer overrun" error.

Running the "deqnad" program, posted on this list a couple of years ago,
was DECs solution to the problem. Normally running this program fixes
the problem.

-- Ragge