Subject: Re: Same old questions...
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Linc Fessenden <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/09/2001 05:43:58
On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, David Brownlee wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, John Wilson wrote:
>
> > >From: Linc Fessenden <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
> >
> > >AFAYK it could be caused by aliens as well right?  I am running 1.5.

> > >Oh yeah, that's a good idea..  Just kill the error message - forget that
> > >the damn network goes down every 20 minutes......
> >
> > Sheesh ... he's just trying to help, no need to get cranky just because
> > he missed the mark in your case.
>
> 	If I recall correctly when I had Q-bus cards giving this message
> 	they did not seem to suffer any network problems at all - the
> 	messages only happened when there was no traffic on the wire at
> 	all, in which case resetting the interface every so often did not
> 	really affect network performance :)

OK, once again - like my message says..  I am running 1.5..  I have a
delqa, I get the message that the xmit logic died and that it's
resetting.  This is a REAL error message, not just something put there to
annoy me because the network connection DOES actually reset.  It does not
matter weather or not there is activity.  It happens either way - which
could be bad if you are actually using this thing across a network as I
am.  The phenomina is not limited to my one machine - it happens on 3 (all
delqa's).  I don't have a different type of ethernet card to test (wish I
did).
If there is anyone on the list actually running NetBSD on a qbus vax,
please tell me if you get this error message as well.  Also, what version
of NetBSD are you using and which qbus ethernet card.  Maybe we can track
this problem down, or at least help me find a NetBSD version that will run
without this problem (I really like running my vax :-)..
Thanks.

-Linc.