Subject: Re: Available Qbus SCSI Controllers
To: None <dec.parts@verizon.net>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/26/2001 16:59:40
Hi Bennett,

First, thanks for making SCSI controllers available to the community. I
didn't follow the mechanics though and that was where I got lost. Did you
write it correctly? I read :

At 04:48 PM 9/26/01, Info from LSI wrote:
>contact one of the major dealers and
>find out from them what they'll give you "cash price"
>for your parts.

Call this C$ :-)

>Third, ask them what their price is for
>the SCSI controller you're interested in.

Call that S$ :-)

>  If the "cash
>price" they offer you for your parts is lower than the
>SCSI controller's price, we won't be able to approve the
>proposal.

So if I call up DEC dealer "Joe Dealer" and he's willing to pay me $100 for
a CXY08 but he sells the Dilog SQ706A for $800, then you can't do the deal?
But if He offers me $900 for the CXY08 and sells the Dilog for $800 you
will do the deal? Why not just trade with the guy I've got on the phone?

Or is it option "B" where he'll give me $100 for the CXY08 but only $50 to
buy from me a DQ706 then you'll do that? I didn't follow your wording.

>Also, we can only approve a proposal for parts that we don't already have
>plenty of and that we can
>already find a buyer for in advance.

How can we know what that list is? Do you have a 'hot list' ? Willing to
post the DDA list on your site?

--Chuck