Subject: Re: Read carefully :-)
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/24/2001 10:13:49
> So has anyone else seen Ebay item #1276930331 ? I was interested because I
> have never heard of a MicroVAX II/RC.

I had a microvax II RC it was apparently a graphics thing or a stripped
down thing that was supposed to have some slots filled in with goop.
Mine turned out to be a regular BA23 case with all slots good, or someone
did a backplane swap on it.

> Turns out if you look at the pictures
> there is a PDP-11 CPU in there (looks like the 11/73). Now, that makes it
> less interesting, but now take a closer look at the picture of the cards...
> Hmmm a Q-bus card with "CMD" on it and a 50 pin ribbon cable connected to a
> SCSI drive.

Ohhh, I hope someone on the list gets it.  I need one of the critters to
populate a BA123 MVII critter, someday.  But, as long as one of the list
folks maybe winds up with it,... great!  I will find one, someday.....

Bob