Subject: Read carefully :-)
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/21/2001 10:06:22
So has anyone else seen Ebay item #1276930331 ? I was interested because I
have never heard of a MicroVAX II/RC. Turns out if you look at the pictures
there is a PDP-11 CPU in there (looks like the 11/73). Now, that makes it
less interesting, but now take a closer look at the picture of the cards...
Hmmm a Q-bus card with "CMD" on it and a 50 pin ribbon cable connected to a
SCSI drive.

Anyway, now that the 'cat' is out of the bag I expect one of the dealers
reading this list will bid it up way over $100. However, it serves as a
good example of closer inspection being a valuable tool. (and yes, I bid on
it but no I don't think I'll take it any higher.)

--Chuck