Subject: uint8_t?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/21/2001 02:21:22
Hello,

(This problem is not necessarily VAX specific, but I would like to have
one of the first IPv6 ntp servers, after Viagenie, on a VAX)

While trying to compile some code that has been patched for IPv6, I'm
getting an error:
In file included from ../include/ntpd.h:7,
                 from cmd_args.c:8:
../include/ntp.h:767: syntax error before `uint8_t'
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Here is the code that it is complaining about:

struct restrictlist6 {
        struct restrictlist6 *next;     /* link to next entry */
        uint8_t addr6[16];              /* Ipv6 host address (host byte order) */
        u_long count;                   /* number of packets matched */
        u_short flags;                  /* accesslist flags */
        u_short mflags;                 /* match flags */
};

What exactly is uint8_t? I've not run into this datatype before.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks,
John Klos
sixgirls.org