Subject: VAXstation VLC 4000
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <aew4@njit.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/20/2001 01:53:49
Hello, I have a chance to buy a VAXstation VLC 4000.  I am taking a VAX
Assembly course, and it would be nice to practice on something!  I also wanted
an older machine to use as a unix server.  So I am wondering if it makes sense
to use the VLC for this purpose?  The VLC unit that is forsale does not come
with a monitor or keyboard, and I'm wondering if it is possible to use the
machine through a dumb terminal.  I really have no room in my apartment for
another monitor!  I also noticed that the VLC has an AUI Ethernet device.  My
network at home is 10BaseT, can I buy some type of converter to make the VLC
compatible?

Thanks for your time!
-austin wood