Subject: Re: Off on a tangent
To: Matthew Hudson <mhudson@home.com>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/10/2001 22:07:53
On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Matthew Hudson wrote:

> To get the gcc people to apply your patches?
>
> Beg? Sacrifice your first born? Pray to redhat? What does it take to
> get something done on an older platform?

Good question.

While I was at DreamWorks about a year and a half ago, I worked down the
hall from Stan Lippman.  A lot of our in-house C++ code was being ported
to Linux and there were some issues with GNU's compiler not doing C++
things quite the way they should be.  I don't remember the details (I'm
not a C++ programmer and wasn't directly affected), but I don't think
Stan ever got anywhere with them.  The funny part was that this lack of
progress was not based on them ignoring him.  They just had
philisophical differences as to how C++ should behave.

I mean, it's not like Stan Lippman would know anything about C++, right?

YMMV.

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
              I am trying to decode this, but I think your
                 ROT13 encoder is malfunctioning.  -- K.