Subject: Re: newbie with VAX
To: David Woyciesjes <DAW@yalepress3.unipress.yale.edu>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@arkham.ws>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/06/2001 09:36:03
On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 09:35:45AM -0400, David Woyciesjes wrote:
> Nice haul! Wish I could've gotten that first!
>
> IIRC, you should be able to boot off of the CD-ROM. Can you log into VMS
> now? Maybe ftp all the tarballs to one of the HDDs first?

the problem here is the question of how the disks are connected to the machine.
if they are one the onboard DSSI controller, then he is out of luck since that
controller still isn't supported (to my knowledge) so he'd have to get some
QBus DSSI controllers to hang the disks off of.

other than that, a /500 with 256M ram is a FAST machine.

-brian