Subject: Re: Package building project
To: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/28/2001 11:17:31
At 03:44 PM 8/27/01 -0400, John Klos wrote:
>2) People with VAX which have a modest amount of memory (at least 16 meg),
>decent drive space (1/2 gig in addition to space for /usr/pkgsrc), and
>modest bandwidth. I'd like to have volunteer machines that can be used to
>run a client which will accept requests to build binary packages and then
>send those packages back to a central server.

Well I've probably got a dozen vaxen that could be put to this task (/90 x
2, /60 x 2, /700a x 2, /100, /vlc x 8) but it seems like it would be
impossible to set up over the wire. There is also the issue of power (my
wife would have some words to say about firing up the whole House of VAX
:-) There is the firewall issue of course however I can finesse that if
you're using TCP and we can pick a port to reverse map over to the VAX.

--Chuck