Subject: Package building project
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/27/2001 15:44:03
Hello,

I don't remember if I've mentioned this here before, but I am working on a
distributed package building project that would benefit the NetBSD
platforms that aren't quite as speedy as the mainstream.

I can directly work on VAX, m68k, and SPARC.

What I am looking for from people on port-vax:

1) A 4000/90 for sale (would someone who can't get graphics support right
now like to see a 4000/90 get put to really good use?) This would be used
for some large package building projects and for tracking VAX package
building status.

2) People with VAX which have a modest amount of memory (at least 16 meg),
decent drive space (1/2 gig in addition to space for /usr/pkgsrc), and
modest bandwidth. I'd like to have volunteer machines that can be used to
run a client which will accept requests to build binary packages and then
send those packages back to a central server.

3) Volunteers who are good with any sort of scripting, programming, or are
familiar with package building, PostgreSQL, and ssl.

More details to come.

Thanks,
John Klos