Subject: 4000/90 refuses to boot
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Dan McGuire <dmcguire@alum.mit.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/20/2001 10:02:39
Hi folks,

  I picked up a 4000/90 yesterday for cheap at a swap fest. Thanks to
mopd, sysinst, a 2 Gb drive I pulled from a dead Sparc Classic, and
the excellent NetBSD/vax netbooting instructions it was up and running
NetBSD in no time. It's a great box (it seems to be much faster than
the classic), and I left it downloading the pkgsrc tar last night.

  When I looked at it this morning, though, it was frozen (my telnet
session into the machine was locked up and the serial console was not
responding. I toggled the power and nothing came up on the serial
console. The diagnostic lights on the front put up this pattern and
just stayed there:

  oooo o-oo
  7654 3210  o = on - = off

 Yesterday they had blinked for a while and then went dark after an
odd series of tones. Anyone ever seen this or know what it means? I
found the 3100-series of diagnostic LED codes, but this appears not to
be on that list.

  Thanks,

  Dan