Subject: VaxStation 4000 VLC Questions
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <wlewis@mailbag.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/08/2001 19:04:42
Hello all,
I am joing the Vax club with one of these machines next week. I have a couple
of questions that I hope you can help with.

1) Good RAM source? It only has 8mb. IIUC, it takes 4mb SIMMs (1mbx36, true
parity, 72 pin, 80ns or better) and I need 4 more to max the machine out.

2) Does anyone have a manual for this machine? I've searched the net, but no
joy. Is there a pdf out there someplace?

3) It has a 1gb drive internally and I have an external case with a 1gb, 512mb,
and an old plextor 4x cdrom. If I want to set up both NetBSD and VMS, will that
be possible? Any gotchas? Any reason 1 system or the other should be on the
internal disk?

Thanks for any help.

William