Subject: Re: Questions about VAX 11/78x
To: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
From: Tim Crawley <timc@lexicon.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/02/2001 10:27:40
I am not sure I know all the answers, but I will have a go...

In actual fact the UNIBUS cabinet is mostly empty! I contains a BA11-K
witch is a UNIBUS card cage. The BA11-K has its own internal power supply.
The BA11-K is connected to the 11/785 UNIBUS Adapter by a Paddle card
and 3 ribbon cables (can't remember how many pins, 40+ each).
So I would not think that the whole UNIBUS cabinet is needed, just the
BA11-K.
The UNIBUS cabinet just seems to tidy up a lot of cabling, it can  also
contain a
second BA11-K.

As far as the UNSBUS in my 11/785, I have a DEUNA Ethernet, SCSI Tape
Controller and serial cards (can't remember part numbers of hand).

MASSBUS I am not to sure of, but it is a CARD BUS, similar backplane
to the SBI.
Yes, used mainly for storage. I have a MASSBUS disk controller. I would
love a RMxx drive or 2!

Regards,
Tim.