Subject: Vaxstation 3100 M76 install problem
To: port-vax@netbsd.org <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Michael L. Drew <mldrew@drewtech.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/23/2001 14:13:21
Hi all!

I hope someone can help me with this... It is driving me  nuts.

I have a M76 with  a ST1480N that I am trying to install 1.5 on.
I boot from a RRD40 (slow) but no problem. I make it to the install
but it says that there are no "useable" hard disks. I thought it might
be a drive compatibility issue so I replaced the ST1480N with a RZ57
and got the same result... Then I found out about "test 75". Thinking
that this would solve my problem I ran it on the RZ57....
It ran for hours and reported success!
I rebooted and tried the install again with the same result!

UG!

I believe that my hardware is good (tried two systems same result).
I believe that the disks are good.

What am I missing??

Thanks,

Mike