Subject: Re: FTP failed bad or no setup
To: Stanley Reynolds <stanley_reynolds@yahoo.com>
From: Clint Wolff \(VAX collector\) <vaxman@qwest.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/16/2001 07:08:09
Hi Stanley,

The 'setenv TERM vt100' didn't work because the default
shell for single user is '/bin/sh', not your normal
login shell.

What I generally do is the following:

boot single user mode
mount /
mount /usr
/bin/csh
setenv TERM vt100
vipw
<fix password file>
reboot system

Hope this helps (in the future!)

As to your mopd problem, I dunno nuthin bout no mopd...

Clint