Subject: Re: VAX 4000 60 ... anything strange to get NetBSD up on it?
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/27/2001 13:46:44
At 04:11 PM 6/27/01 -0400, NetBSD Bob wrote:
>Regardless of the size, it is a nice toy to run across
>for 8 buckeroos de realme, as it is said in the vernacular.

Working on our understatement technique ? :-)

>I have a spare cdrom (RRD42), so I will probably try to put that in there.
>That would give me the most flexibility.

That would work quite nicely there.

>Are there any drive size limitations on the boot drive in a 4000 60?
>It has a 1 gig C2247 HP drive.  But, I have a nice 4 gig drive that
>would be better suited to a faster VAX.

I believe you have the 8GB limit (Extended SCSI) but other than that it
just has to fit into the H-thingy.

>That is about what it looks like, except where teh 5.25 inch bay goes,
>mine is blank.  My ram sticks are doublesided.

I'm pretty sure both 4's and 16's were double sided, just the chips were
different. Powering it on will resolve the question :-)

>Let me confirm that thing is straight scsi and not DSSI?

Yup, not a DSSI bit to be found, its the 105 that includes the DSSI bus.

--Chuck