Subject: Re: couple of OT things, hardware related
To: Stephen Bell <steve@discus.lincoln.ac.nz>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@arkham.ws>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/21/2001 23:44:09
>      I probably have answers to all the above, will get back to ya later
>      when I have the books infront of me.

ok, no rush.  that would be cool, thanks.

>      What "brand/model" is the third party ram, I have a Dataram catalog/
>      compatibility guide from roughy that vintage.

it's a model CDM 7703 by a company called Cyberchron Corporation

the name makes me think that it shouldn't be memory, but it really looks like
memory to me. :)

another oddity, is all the similar chips that i would guess are memory aren't
the normal black, they are "CPU color" (can't think of a better way to explain
it, think the color of a 486 or a MIPS chip) with raised black bits in the
middle.

i'll take pictures and put it up for all to see then.

thanks!!

-brian