Subject: YAY! 6320 boots up...
To: NetBSD port-vax <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Robert F Schaefer <rschaefe@gcfn.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/12/2001 15:12:50
Well, stuvax grew another processor this afternoon (Thanks, Isildur!) and
proceded to boot smoothly.  The sn#'s and eeprom don't match, but I know
how to fix that.  The primary has 2.0/4.2, and the secondary has 2.0/4.D,
and an earlier sn#.  Is one more preferable than the other?  If I had TK70
tapes, I'd make copies of both eeprom versions just in case, but since I've
only the one...

Is there anything I can do towards support for the 6K3xx machines?  Once I
make a build of mopd that doesn't dump core on my -current (circa Mar 27,
so the sommerfeld_i386_mp branch fits neatly), I'll see if any of the
prebuilt kernels Just Work.

ja ne

Bob