Subject: Re: TK50
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@tmok.com>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/11/2001 21:46:55
On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> st3 at scsibus0 target 6 lun 0: <, , > SCSI1 1/sequential removable
> st3: rogue, drive empty
>
>   Unit 0   Removable Tape  Qualifier  50
> st3 at scsibus0 target 6 lun 0: <, , > SCSI1 1/sequential removable
>
> is this normal for a TK50? or does mine just have wacked roms?

  It's normal.  The TK50 (and TZ30) tape drives are early SCSI devices and
don't support the normal INQUIRY command data.  I've got some patches
which tricks the NetBSD driver into recognizing the TZ30 and TK50 drives.
See http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-vax/2000/04/07/0005.html and
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-vax/2000/04/11/0002.html.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu