Subject: Re: Need NetBSD-1.5.1 VAX boot iso image (anyone got it?)
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/08/2001 10:56:40
At 12:59 PM 6/8/01 -0400, NetBSD Bob wrote:
>Also, any chance anyone might have a later VAX snapshot than the
>1.5.1B2 stuff, out of the current tree?  I wanna try to set up
>my 4000/200 crate as a -current build box, and see if I can keep
>it relatively current.

Then don't put 1.5.x on it, put -current on it. In the grand tradition of
NetBSD the only thing that can compile the system is the system. Only
-current will compile -current, and 1.5.x will only compile 1.5.x.

Its a well explored rant of mine and I won't proceed any further.

On the subject of excess VAXen, I'm probably going to have a couple at some
point on the West Coast (N. CA, SF Bay Area). Let me know off list if your
interested (and no, nothing like a 4000/705 or anything, just a MV II or
III and/or a 3500 vintage type machines)

--Chuck