Subject: Re: Q: fake Terminal with MMJ plug alone?
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@tmok.com>
From: Peter Svensson <petersv@psv.nu>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/07/2001 07:33:03
On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> is there a way to sidestep this in software? i know on Solaris/SPARC you can
> tell the OS not to drop to the rom on a BREAK, so at least on the sparc
> hardware it's possible for the OS to intercede the rom.  can the same sort of
> thing be done with the VAXen?

There is usually a switch that disables this, at least on the older vaxen.
On some it is the little "dot in circle/dot outside circle", on others it
is "enable/disable" I think. For some reason the label "S3" appears in my
mind in conjunction with this.

On some vaxen it is ctrl-p and not break that drops to the chevron.

Peter
--
Peter Svensson      ! Pgp key available by finger, fingerprint:
<petersv@psv.nu>    ! 8A E9 20 98 C1 FF 43 E3  07 FD B9 0A 80 72 70 AF