Subject: Re: Installing on more than one harddisk
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/31/2001 23:21:15
jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de writes:

>Softdeps are known to work well. There are no bugs in it. ;-)

I hope the smiley marks this as sarcasm; softdeps has at least one
serious bug on at least the vax and some other architecture, the
name of which eludes me, which makes it essentially a non-option
for these ports since it displays a high tendency to panic under
disk i/o stress.  I have also disabled it on production i386
machines, just to be on the safe side.  There should also be a
couple of PRs open on the issue.
It seems to work well on my home i386 box, tho, but who knows...

--mkb