Subject: Re: VAX now runs multicpu!
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/31/2001 09:40:50
> And we know NetBSD Bob had one of these in his collection (thought it was
> a PMAX as I recall)

Yeah, that was one strange box.

> > > Shouldn't be too hard to fix. I would just need a machine to test on.

Sadly, I had to let the critter go.  It had a VMS load that worked, and
a friend traded me some alphabits for it so I could get a NetBSD fix and
he could get a VMS fix.  Wierd fellow.  But, I don't grok VMS, at all.
It was a nice machine, though.  It was the 3520 dual processor box and
it had 3 RZ58 scsi drives in it.  Would have been great on NetBSD or
Ultrix, but I could never get either to even begin to load.  The alpha
is one of my main servers, so it was a fairly good trade, after all.

Bob