Subject: Re: Can one repair (large) blowers?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org, classicmp@classicmp.org>
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/31/2001 04:03:58
The blower story: I opened all three non-working blowers down to the
motor. Its quite a handful of motor and it looks like this is getting
rather involved. I'd post a picture if my family hadn't taken the
digital camera o their trip. This motor has lots of silicon on it,
which I haven't taken the time to identify yet. It's quite hard to
get to it too. I need a special tool to open the axle and even then
it's going to be an electro-mechanical challenge. I'm going to
call the company who made it, AIRPAX in Connecticut, see if they
know something. Tho I'm afraid this thing is expensive to replace
new and expensive to have repaired. I guess I need to refresh my
electronics knowledge for that :-/

The one electrolyte capacitor on all of the three motors look O.K
from from the outside. What could it be most likely that makes
3 out of 6 motors fail so completely?

-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistant Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine