Subject: Re: VAX knobs and buttons...
To: Robert F Schaefer <rschaefe@gcfn.org>
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/31/2001 02:08:53
Robert F Schaefer wrote:

> > 8 cards, let me guess:
> > 2 x XBIB (not mentioned in SHOW all), leaves 6 cards

stupid me, of course they're mentioned, as DWMBA/B

> > 1 TBK70, leaves 5 cards
> > 2 KDB50 set, leaves 2 cards
> > 1 KLESI-B (TU81), leaves 1 card
> > 1 DEBNT, leaves 0 cards
> > right :-)

> Well, show conf reports
> KA62B
> MS62A
> DWMBA/A
> DWMBA/A
>
> DWMBA/B
> DMB32
> DEBNA
>
> DWMBA/B
> KLESI-B
> KDB50
> TBK70

hihi, I guessed right :-)

> I finally got everything to POST.  There was a little troulbe with the
> KLESI, but after I turned on the TU-81+, it cleared up...  BTW, the
> dead-short sound I heard?  I'm pretty sure it *was* a dead short.  In the
> little fan that points up towards the bottom of the 9track.

Those fans! Those darn fans! Seems like the weakest link in the
whole machinery! You should be happy that your VAX' blowers still
work, I have 3 dead ones out of 6, thats a chance of 50%. I hope
that Brian's blowers work.

AFAIH, the TU81 does produce some heat, so I would not try to
run it without blower. But it's good to know that Mr. KLESI will
mess up the fun if no drive is attached, so I don't bother getting
one before I have a TU81 drive.

regards
-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.                    gschadow@regenstrief.org
Adjunct Assistant Professor        Indiana University School of Medicine