Subject: RE: Chuck, do preserve copies of the BI documentation please!!!
To: 'Brian Chase' <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Carlini, Antonio <Antonio.Carlini@riverstonenet.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/30/2001 12:37:00
> Brian Chase wrote:
>
	>I don't mind bidding on it, but I'd rather have just bought it
outright
	>even at some inflated price to preserve this for "the cause."  A
lot of
	>the big VAXen use the BI bus, and as AFAIK, nobody has a copy of
these
	>docs which would be very helpful.

	It is most certainly worth preserving these docs.

	Before you get *too* excited however, I'm pretty sure the
	first one is STD 057, the VAXBI standard doc. This is to
	BI as the VAX Architecture Reference Manual is to the
	VAX. It tells you how the bus works in considerable
	detail (hardware and software conventions) but it won't
	say much about how a KDB50 works.

	I'm sure Chuck can confirm or deny.

	The second one sounds like a "DIY guide to building
	a VAXBI board", but I've never seen it so I cannot be sure.

	Antonio