Subject: Re: Vaxen Fun!
To: linc <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
From: Matt London <matt@knm.yi.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/29/2001 19:49:14
Hi,

On Mon, 28 May 2001, linc wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if you all wouldn't mind listing
> what kind(s) of vaxen you have running and what yo use them for.  Since i
> am now absolutely hooked on the archetecture of these machines, i was
> wondering what kind of use they actually get these days.

I've got a MV3100/m10e with 16M, 100M + 1G scsi drives, runs netbsd and
ATM doesn't do much - I will find something constructive for it to do :&)

I also have an MV3300 with 28M (a couple of 16port async cards and a
TK70) and a couple of RZ23 drives (and a 3rd, which I don't have another
enclosure for - building one might be an option here - but I need the
cable for connecting up DSSI) This box isn't doing much either, apart from
looking good - I cleaned it and it came up a real treat :&)

Anyone with a spare DSSI drive they could donate for tinkering? :&) (I'm
in the UK)

Also, I've got a couple of small 4M cards for the MV3100 if anyone wants
one - people were very kind to send them to me when I got my first VAX,
and now I have 3 (one of which I'm using).

I love this list :&)

-- Matt

---
E-mail:
  matt@pkl.net, matt@knm.yi.org, matt@printf.net
  matt@m-techdiagnostics.ltd.uk, matthew.london@stud.umist.ac.uk
  mattl@vcd.student.utwente.nl, mlondon@mail.talk-101.com
Web Page:
  http://knm.yi.org/
  http://pkl.net/~matt/

PGP Key fingerprint = 00BF 19FE D5F5 8EAD 2FD5  D102 260E 8BA7 EEE4 8D7F
PGP Key http://knm.yi.org/matt-pgp.html