Subject: Re: MVAX3100 console
To: Bamdad Ehterami <bamdad@mehr.sharif.ac.ir>
From: linc <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/28/2001 16:34:06
On Sun, 27 May 2001, Bamdad Ehterami wrote:
> 	I've installed NetBSD on MicroVAX 3100, but there is
> an annoying problem, when the machine wants to boot, I should
> interrupt the boot process and give the -a option to the boot
> command, or it will not recognize the keyboard attached to
> console... is there any other way??!

Yuo should have the -a in the boot parameters to begin with, otherwise you
end up in single user mode on every boot.  To get it in there enclose the
boot parms in quotes thusly..:
set boot "3/rz3/netbsd -a"

> 	another problem I have here, is that the vax machines
> will not boot automatically when they're powered on and the
> self-test process completes... Is there any options in the
> boot flag or something like that to solve this problem?!?!

Unfortunately I can't get my vax into the prom right now as it's running
headless on my network, but yes, there is a (I think) halt flag you want
to change and then it'll boot right up at a power on.  Sorry I can't give
you the right parm off memory, but I am sure someone here can help.

-Linc.