Subject: 11/750 and peripherals for disposal
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Hunter <jonathan.hunter@stud.umist.ac.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/28/2001 19:51:30
Hi,

I have a VAX 11/750 and numerous associated peripherals that have been
gathering liberal quantities of dust for the past year or two. The system
was given to me as "working, apart from a dead 2.5V rail on the 11/750" but
unfortunately I never had the time to fix it.

We now need the (large amount of!) space it is taking up, but rather than
simply scrap the system I would much rather it went to a happy home. Let me
know as soon as you can if you're interested in anything - there's a list of
items below, but do note that:

a) all items must be collected from Northenden, Manchester, UK
b) when I say "liberal quantities of dust", that's exactly what I mean
-( The shop unit these are stored in has had building work done, and there
is a fair amount of dust around.
c) one of the units (I think it was the RM80 disk drive) is now missing some
controller PCBs. The disk drive itself is still present though.

The items are as follows:

1. VAX 11/750
MODEL: SV-BXWAA-AD

1. Cabinet containing:
RA80 hard disk drive
RA60 disk drive unit [removeable disk packs?]
MODEL: RA80-CD

2. RM80 disk drive unit
MODEL: RM80-AD

3. Tape drive unit
MODEL: TU81-CA

4. Line printer
MODEL: LP25

There are also various random tapes for the 11/750, disk packs for the RA60,
side panels from cabinets etc. lying around near the machines. All these are
available as well.

Regards,

Jonathan

--
The Consultant's Curse:
When the customer has beaten upon you long enough, give him what he asks