Subject: Re: Installing on more than one harddisk
To: None <entropy@tappedin.com>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/27/2001 19:05:51
On 27 May, maximum entropy wrote:

> installboot works just fine.
I do not deny this.

> It's also considerably more available
> across different NetBSD architectures.
dito.

> Why teach somebody the old
> way, when it's probably going to go away sometime very soon?
Because I am simply used to "disklabel -B".

> It will also slow you down a lot when softdeps crash your system and
> you have to start over from scratch.  It's not a feature I'd recommend
> to a beginner.
Softdeps are known to work well. There are no bugs in it. ;-)

> Async may be fine; in either case you're going to need to go get a cup
> of coffee while this runs.
Ahhmmm, IMHO you need a cup of tee (I can not stand coffee) with async,
and a can of tee without. :-)

> Wimp :-)
Do you wane provocate me? I am an expert. I have "The Plan (C) (R)
(TM)" to Unix. I update my kernel with "uudecode | gzip -d > /vmunix". *
The advice to use vi(1) was only to make it easy for this beginner.
Normaly I use "cat - > /etc/fstab" to edit files.
;-)))
--

tschüß,
         Jochen