Subject: Re: Installing on more than one harddisk
To: None <bamdad@mehr.sharif.ac.ir>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@tappedin.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/27/2001 04:41:26
>Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 12:58:00 +0430 (IRST)
>From: Bamdad Ehterami <bamdad@mehr.sharif.ac.ir>
>
>	emmm, How can I install NetBSD without sysinst?
>I've read the FAQ and how-tos and I tried the way described
>there, but it did not work.... :(

Could you be more specific about what didn't work?

The basic idea behind installing by hand is to netboot; get the local
disks labelled, newfs'ed, and mounted; write boot blocks to the boot
drive; unpack the distribution sets onto the drives; configure the
newly installed system.

If you're having trouble with some particular step, let us know what
you tried and where it went wrong.