Subject: Bits and Bobs
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Matt London <matt@knm.yi.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/26/2001 17:52:48
Hi,
  Summer rolls on - i.e. I'm almost done with uni exams for the year, and
I'll have some time to play with my vaxentoys :&)

  I fancy doing some tinkering with the 3300 I picked up a few months back
with a box of goodies (backup tapes containing data from some system it
used to run in VMS). Now it's got a couple of DSSI drives in (RZ23s if
memory serves) and one out of the box, containing a running VMS 5.3
system, which I'd like to keep.

  Am I right in saying this box should run ultrix? If so, any chance
someone could run me off some ultrix tapes (it's got a TK70 in, and I have
a good handful of tapes).

  Also, anyone with an odd DSSI drive kicking about I could use for
tinkering?

  I'm UK BTW :&)

  There are occasions I think it would be nice if the case held more than
2 drives and a TK70 :&/

  Anyway - on a completely different subject, do you think it'd be any
benifit to have a port/vax irc channel somewhere? (or is there one
already) I'm thinking that openprojects.net would be a good place (but
then I would say that - being involved with them already). Anyone got any
feelings on this?

-- Matt

---
E-mail:
  matt@pkl.net, matt@knm.yi.org, matt@printf.net
  matt@m-techdiagnostics.ltd.uk, matthew.london@stud.umist.ac.uk
  mattl@vcd.student.utwente.nl, mlondon@mail.talk-101.com
Web Page:
  http://knm.yi.org/
  http://pkl.net/~matt/

PGP Key fingerprint = 00BF 19FE D5F5 8EAD 2FD5  D102 260E 8BA7 EEE4 8D7F
PGP Key http://knm.yi.org/matt-pgp.html