Subject: Re: VAX 6420: what KDB50 cabling? RA91 anywhere?
To: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/25/2001 02:00:20
re the KDB50:
there should be a cable that goes from the backplane to the bulkhead panel,
it should be some kind of ribbon cable til there,
then there are the (8 pins iirc, i'd have to go downstairs to check) SDI
connectors and the licorice cables from there to the drives.
i have no idea where youd find a cab kit for one these days. i think you
could probably just cook one up yourself as long as you had the real SDI
cables for the majority of the length of the run. does anybody know of
any special electrical characteristics of the cab kit that one should be
aware of?

isildur