Subject: Re: New guy... (fwd)
To: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: linc <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/24/2001 16:18:07
On Thu, 24 May 2001 jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de wrote:
> http://www.de.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/netboot/
> tsch=FC=DF,
>          Jochen

Thanks, however the documentation provided doesn't give the necessary
amount of hand-holding required for the job.  I am sure it makes perfect
sense to someone who has done it already, but not me :-)  I had a hard
enough time creating a NetBSD helper disk to help installations on my
Decstations.  In general I find the NetBSD documentation very out-of-date,
lacking information (mostly in reference to being so out-of-date), and in
some cases the info is jumbled into documentation for something else
entirely.  Don't get me wrong - I thing NetBSD as an OS is fantastic..
Just sucky documentation.  Sort of like Linux, only there is much less of
it.

-Linc.

 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded... Yeah Right.=20
  4:10pm  up 25 days,  7:55,  5 users,  load average: 4.00, 4.02, 4.03