Subject: Re: New guy...
To: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
From: linc <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/24/2001 15:49:07
On Thu, 24 May 2001, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Hehe...hey guys, Linc thinks a uVax-II is big. 8)
>
>   We'll straighten him out. ;)
>
>   Glad to hear about your new machine, Linc.  For future reference, if
> you pick up a KA650 or KA655 CPU board and one or more MS650 memory
> boards, you can upgrade that system to a MicroVAX-III very easily and
> cheaply...2-3x performance boost, and raises max memory frmo 16mb to
> 64mb.  But for now, the machine as it is will be quite a bit of fun!
>
>            -Dave

Thanks Dave!  I figured you'd join in the conversation sooner or later :-)
I thought the M7620-AA and the KA650 were the same??  Oh well, I'll be on
the lookout :-)  As it sit's now, if 16 meg the most I can use?
I am a little excited, you see, this is my first mini :O)

You wouldn't happen to have a spare front panel/door for one of these
would ya?

-Linc.

 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded... Yeah Right.
  3:44pm  up 25 days,  7:29,  4 users,  load average: 4.01, 4.08, 4.05