Subject: Re: New guy...
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: linc <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/24/2001 15:33:03
On Thu, 24 May 2001, NetBSD Bob wrote:

> > OK, next set of questions..  Can I get some sort of scsi card for this
> > machine?  Does the GPX work with/under NetBSD?  Will my M7516-YM
> > (ethernet) work under NetBSD - different info shows lance only?
>
> Well, on the scsi, you are about 100th in line at the mystical magickal
> qbus scsi card sellers flea market......(:+}}...
>
> Commercial vendors will rip yer bloody pocketbook off, if I can believe
> the prices I have seen.  That's a shame, on legacy hardware that mostly
> only the hobby folks use, anymore.

That's what I figured :-)

> The DELQA should work fine.

Great!

> The GPX is unsupported (AFIK).  (can it work in text mode?)

That's ok, I am not getting a monitor with it anyhow and wouldn't have
room for one.  I figured on running it with a vt sitting at the top (like
my 3100).  Besides, I kinda like console mode anyhow :-)

On a related note, I am also picking up a MV2000 at the same time - any
comments on that machine?

-Linc.

--
  3:29pm  up 36 days,  3:27,  5 users,  load average: 1.24, 1.17, 1.23