Subject: Re: VAX4000-600 disks
To: Dan Shearer <dan@tellurian.com.au>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/24/2001 07:56:28
hello,

>   a) where can I get a SCSI adapter from? (I imagine Compaq would sell
>      them for a very large price :-)

the usual things like the CMD or Emulex boards would be what youre
looking for. every once in a while one goes up for sale in a newsgroup or
on ebay, and the resellers usually stock them , if you want to pay an
outrageous price.

>   b) is it seriously possible to run these things diskless? It would seem
>      a waste, but would at least be something

yes, you can run them diskless. that's how i run mine. Actually, a CMD
mscp emulating scsi board will not work properly, there has been much
discussion of a bug that causes these boards to not work right.

>   c) has anyone run NetBSD on such a thing before?

yup!

happy hacking,
isildur