Subject: Re: Serial console on VAXStation 4000/60
To: port-vax@netbsd.org <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Marco Steinbach <coco@executive-computing.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/24/2001 01:20:39
On Wed, 23 May 2001 07:05:01 +0200 (CEST), Michael Kukat wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Tue, 22 May 2001, John wrote:
>> While reading through docs online about proper serial cables for
>> VAXStations, I saw a reference to the S3 switch on the 3100 which switches
>> the console from the graphics console to the serial port.
>>
>> Does anyone know if this is the same for the 4000/60?
>
>Yes, but on the 4000/[69]0 it is at the front. Attention, there are 2 switches,
>one is for the speaker, the other (labeled S3) is for console selection. Just
>flip this to the upper position, and serial console should work.
>The switch is hidden behind the flap on the right side.
[...]

Just for the record: I've not tried the socket behind the front flap, since the printer-port in
the backside of my 4000/90 works perfectly for me. As long, as you stated, the S3 switch behind
the front flap, is up.

MfG CoCo

Executive Computing - www.executive-computing.com
   IT consulting and services for executives

... Never laugh at a fool... just take his money