Subject: uVAX 3100/30 NIC woes
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Tyler Mitchell <fission@mb.sympatico.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/23/2001 21:28:35
Hello,

I recently moved my MicroVAX 3100/30 to a different location in my
room.  After doing so, the NIC no longer seems to work, giving the
message:

?? 001	9	NI 0172

on boot.  As I'm netbooting NetBSD, this is a problem.

I'm using an AUI-->10BaseT transceiver right now; the switch is in the
correct position, it seems.  I have tested the cable from the hub to the
AUI transceiver, so I can eliminate that from the possible problem list.

Any suggestions?  Is my internal NIC dead?

Thank you for your time,

--
Tyler Mitchell

"Let me assure you that to us here at First National, you're not just a
number.  You're two numbers, a dash, three more numbers, another dash
and another number."
		-- James Estes